Nefful's Negative Ion clothes are unique in that the fibre can “recharge” itself to always generate negative ions.
In other words, the ability of the fibre to generate negative ions will NEVER expire as long as you clean it properly. A test was done on a 24 year old piece of fabric in Taiwan and the efficacy is still as strong as the day it was purchased!
Therefore, it is very IMPORTANT to follow these simple instructions.
Wash separately from other clothes
Hand wash or machine wash (use laundry net) in cold or lukewarm water (less than 60ºC or 140ºF)
Use all natural (non-chemical based) detergent free of dyes, fragrances, and softeners. (Bio Clean is recommended)
Hang dry, indoor or outdoor
DO NOT Use bleach, fabric softener, or Woolite
DO NOT Use dryer or place on any metal hanger or surfaces under the sun
Why is it important to follow these instructions:
1. Use of chemical-based detergent can damage the fibre.
2. Because the nature of the fabric attracts anything that has a positive charge, it is important to not mix with other clothes, particularly greasy clothes.
3. Again, we want to keep the fibres as clean as possible and any positive ions that are attracted onto the fibres come off fairly easily. A small amount of natural detergent will do the job.
4. The fabric will shrink or harden if it is exposed to high heat. Therefore, do not use hot water, clothes or commercial dryers, irons, or even hair dryers. Metal surfaces that are exposed under the sun can conduct heat so it is important not to hang or place on metal hangers or surfaces.
5. It’s important to avoid using bleach, fabric softener, and Woolite as they can create a film or coating on the fibre and prevent generation of static charge.